We’ve all been introduced to Shanling by now, the brand has been making waves with their stylish DAPs in addition to an ever-expanding lineup of IEMs and BT receivers. All are underpinned by strong value and a focus on superlative design. With the M6, Shanling sought to provide a more premium experience, working upon the foundation of their former flagship, recontextualised for the modern day with their latest touch-screen platform. In-line with competitors, however, Shanling didn’t stop there. The M6 Pro is a brand-new device that further refines Shanling’s winning formula, bringing an upgraded amplifier and newer DAC chip. As always, we’re excited to hear the latest products to see how these upgrades bolster real-world performance, stay tuned!
You can read more about the M6 Pro on HiFiGO product page here.
M6 Pro vs M6 – Key Differences (Original blog post):
The Shanling M6 features a Dual AK4495EQ DAC while the M6 Pro has Dual AK4497EQ DAC, the upgraded DAC supports a better cleaner decoding with more detail retrieval as compared to the previous-gen.
The Shanling M6 is equipped with OPA 1612 Low pass filters while the M6 Pro version comes equipped with OPA 1622 Low pass filters along, the whole circuit includes premium-grade four low pass filters providing the users with a much cleaner and powerful sound output.
With better decoding and amplification the M6 pro reproduces a much more detailed and lively sound output.
- High-Performance Dual DAC Setup by AKM, AK4497EQ x 2.
- PCM Decoding up to 32-Bit/768kHz, DSD up to DSD256 Natively.
- Lightning Fast Snapdragon 430 Processor.
- 4GB RAM+32GB ROM.
- Upgraded circuit including 4 Low pass filters OPA1622+ADA4610-2 + BUF634 x 2, providing a fully balanced output.
- Open Android Operating System
- Three Output Ports: 2.5mm Balanced, 4.4mm balanced, and 3.5mm single-ended.
- Three Mode Hardware Gain Switch: Low Gain/ High Gain/ Ultra High Gain Mode.
- Crisp 720P Display
- Two-Way Bluetooth V4.2 support with Hi-res codes support(Two-way supports LDAC, SBC, only Transmission mode supports: AptX, AptX HD, HWA).
- Battery Life: Up to 13 hours(Single Ended Single DAC Mode).
- Up to 9 hours(Single Ended Dual DAC Mode).
- Up to 8 hours(Balanced Mode Dual DAC).
- Dual-Band Wi-Fi support:- 2.4GHz/5GHz.
- Weight: 244 grams.
- TF Memory Card supported up to 512gb capacity.
- 4000mAh Battery which supports QC3.0 quick charging.